"Those who know me will be shocked to hear that my voice in Yooka-Laylee is lent to a depressed and highly cynical shopping trolley."― Andy Robinson on Twitter
Andy Robinson is a retired member of Playtonic Games. He was a Writer, Web Editor, and Voice Actor for Yooka-Laylee. He was the first non-Rare staff to join Playtonic Games. He voiced Ollie the Trolley in Yooka-Laylee. Andy Robinson's last day at Playtonic was on February 12th, and Playtonic gave Andy Robinson a "quiz" before he left.
Early Life/Education [edit | edit source]
Andy Robinson went to Havering Sixth Form College in Hornchurch in the London Borough of Havering, East London, England. It is unknown when he attended this college.
Career[edit | edit source]
Andy Robinson worked as a Staff Writer for a Media/News Company known as Kikizo that provides business solutions for other companies. He worked at Kikizo 2003-2005.
Sometime during 2005, Andy Robinson took 'No Sweat Journalism Training' from the National Council for Training of Journalists.
In 2006, Andy Robinson was hired by Computerandvideogames as a staff writer, a company that publishes magazines that cover video games, technology, films, and more. A year later in 2007, Andy Robinson was promoted to being a Channel Editor for the company for 3 and a half years, and was then promoted once again promoted to being the Deputy editor. Andy Robinson stepped down as the Deputy Editor in 2012, and continued working at the company as an editor. At one point, everyone a part of the website had received an email that the company was closing. As a result, Andy Robinson left the company around January 2015.
Andy Robinson left GamesRadar+ and become a publicist for Bandai Namco Games Inc. in January 2015 for three months.
Grant Kirkhope was acquainted with Andy Robinson and Grant recommended him to visit the company while the company was still a secret. He visited Playtonic Games in December of 2014. He then left the Bandai Namco Games Inc. March of 2015, and immediately joined Playtonic Games as the Writer & Comms Manager.
Gallery [edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Before Daley "Kong" Johnson began to work as the company's Community Lead, Andy Robinson was known to answer questions about Yooka-Laylee on Twitter.
- Due to Grant Kirkhope's fame, he often receives questions about Yooka-Laylee more than Andy Robinson. Grant Kirkhope then comments "@AndyPlaytonic" so that Andy Robinson will see it so that Andy can answer the question.
- There was a joke within the Playtonic Games community where a person would comment "Andy Robinson", and the following replies stated "Andy Robinson" as well.
- The origin of this joke started on the forums of a fan website known as DK Vine. A user named 'Snorkel the dolphin' created a thread called "Andy Robinson", where he asks Andy Robinson to tell Steve Mayles to create a dolphin character in a water world in Yooka-Laylee. A day later, a user named Mametchi posted on the exact same forum created a thread called "Andy Robinson", and all that he states in the post is "Andy Robinson". Immediately, users on the website replied only saying "Andy Robinson".
- This joke spread across the DK Vine forums, and other Yooka-Laylee social media pages on Twitter, Facebook, and even this wiki.
- The website that Andy Robinson worked for - Computerandvideogames - now redirects to GamesRadar.com
External Links[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]