|"Erm, Bzzz... Bug detected. Please tell devs they messed up."|
This article is either incomplete or needs improvement.
The Buddy Bubble is a move that allows Yooka and Laylee to breathe and use most above-water moves underwater, by means of a flatulence bubble. This move is taught to the duo for free from Trowzer in the Hivory Towers' Archive.
Uses[edit | edit source]
|Breathing underwater||The duo can breathe underwater.|
|Moving around freely||Yooka can run around freely while within the Buddy Bubble, but the floor is slippery.|
|Using abilities||The duo are able to use their normal abilities while within the Buddy Bubble.|
Data[edit | edit source]
Below shows data for the usage of the Buddy Bubble.
Power Extender = PE
Power Extender + Athlete Tonic = PEA
|No PE||1 PE||2 PE||3 PE||4 PE||5 PE||6 PE||7 PEA||8 PEA||9 PEA|
|Energy per use||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1|
|Max possible uses||6||7||8||9||10||11||12||13||14||15|
Controls[edit | edit source]
Steam[edit | edit source]
Xbox One[edit | edit source]
Playstation 4[edit | edit source]
Nintendo Switch[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Animations[edit | edit source]
Screenshots[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This ability was first shown during the Yooka-Laylee Gamescom 2016 Trailer.
- The Buddy Bubble used to be known as the "Fart Bubble".
- Helping Tubbz in Glitterglaze Glacier is the only time the Buddy Bubble is used without holding the right trigger, as you must press it repeatedly to create a series of bubbles.
- The Buddy Bubble was first hinted during the Kickstarter under features: "Sonar blasting, tongue whipping, sky soaring… a move roster built for platforming fun – and unlocked with added freedom. Additionally, there may or may not be a move involving a giant fart bubble."
- The image used for the reflection of the bubble is actually the Playtonic Games Office.
- The Buddy Bubble's existence is foreshadowed in the banter between Trowzer and Laylee upon purchasing the Slurp Shot.