Kevin Bayliss is a British designer, art director, and voice actor. He also sings in the Yooka-Laylee Rap.
Career[edit | edit source]
He worked at Rareware from 1989 to 2005. Bayliss was in charge of both designing as well as animating the original Killer Instinct where he had also done motion capture. Kevin supplied additional artwork and character designs, his most notable work being on the Donkey Kong Country and Battletoads series. Like most of the Rare staff, Bayliss also provided voiceover work for these titles. After the Microsoft buyout, Bayliss worked on Perfect Dark Zero. Once Perfect Dark Zero was complete, Kevin left the company. He is now a permanent member of the Playtonic Games team.
Bayliss is responsible for many in-game character models and renders.
Notable Works[edit | edit source]
- Cobra Triangle (1989) - Graphics Artist
- Double Dare (1990) (NES port) - Graphics Artist
- Pin*Bot (1990) - Graphics
- Killer Instinct (1994) - Character Design and Development, Motion capture actor, Voice Acting for Jago and Glacius (Arcade Version only)
- Killer Instinct 2 (1994) - Producer, Game Designer, Motion Capture
- Battletoads (1994) - Character Artist, Voice Actor
- Donkey Kong Country (1994) - Animator, Character Designer
- GoldenEye 007 (1997) - Voice Acting for James Bond
- Diddy Kong Racing (1997) - Art Director, Graphics Director, Voice Acting for Tricky
- Mission: Impossible (1998) - Voice Acting for Ethan Hunt, Jim Phelps, the voice on tape and soldiers
- Star Fox Adventures (2002) - Lead Artist, voice acting for Prince Tricky and King of Earthwalker tribe
- Perfect Dark Zero (2005) - Lead Character Design
- Killer Instinct (2013) - Lead Character Design
- Yooka-Laylee (2017) - Character Artist
- Tamarin (2020) - Concept Art