|"Erm, Bzzz... Bug detected. Please tell devs they messed up."|
This article is either incomplete or needs improvement.
"Clean up this garbage! That funny purple vacuum cleaner of yours must have an extension cable."― Planker
Name Origin[edit | edit source]
The name, "Planker," is a play-on-words of the words "plank" a rectangular-shaped piece of wood and "plonker" (an English slang word meaning silly or dull-witted).
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Planker is a moving brown signpost made of wood. He has two eyes and a mouth with jagged woodchips for teeth, so he can speak to Yooka and Laylee. The pole that keeps him in place is a log, and it has two small branches on the sides that are his arms.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Planker is not an intelligent character, and he is quite rude. Planker mistakes Yooka as the garbage man and Laylee as a vacuum cleaner or a sculptor. Whenever Yooka tries to explain himself to Planker, Planker interrupts Yooka every time, completely disregarding everything Yooka says.
Location[edit | edit source]
Yooka-Laylee[edit | edit source]
- Tribalstack Tropics: On top of Duke's Temple.
- Glitterglaze Glacier: Near Glittertrio Towers.
- Moodymaze Marsh: Near Planker's Garden.
Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair[edit | edit source]
To be added.
Tasks in Yooka-Laylee[edit | edit source]
In Tribalstack Tropics, Planker needs help clearing garbage of his roof (off of the roof of the Duke's Temple). The garbage he talks about is a flying Pagie being pulled by a spiraling wind. The duo must either Fly or jump around onto the nearby structures.
In Moodymaze Marsh, Planker impatiently expects Yooka to transport the mushroom seeds into the holes by using his tongue to drag it.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Requesting Help (Yooka-Laylee)[edit | edit source]
- "Ah good, you must be the garbage men."
- "Look at the state of my roof! Everywhere you look, there's flying rubbish. The worst kind of rubbish!"
- "Do you have any idea how hard it is to shift an ancient rooftop apartment in today's housing market? Exceedingly hard!"
- "I pay my taxes! Why don't you fly up there and clean up this garbage? That funny purple vacuum cleaner of yours must have an extension cable."
Development[edit | edit source]
- When Planker was first shown in the alpha versions of Yooka-Laylee, he only had a model and no animation.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Screenshots[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Planker is likely one of the oldest characters in Yooka-Laylee. He was originally revealed from a very early video of Yooka-Laylee from Nintendo Life.
- During the initial reveal, Planker pokes fun at Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts.