Play Coins are collectibles that can found in Yooka-Laylee. They are used for the arcade machines found hidden throughout each world, including Hivory Towers. Once the duo use the Play Coin to pay for an arcade machine, the arcade machine will be permanently unlocked to play.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Collected for the first time[edit | edit source]
- "Arcade Token get! Return me to Rextro for some fun."
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Arcade Tokens are 3D 8-bit-inspired 8x8 yellow tokens with sideways blue triangles on them.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Tribalstack Tropics: Nestled in an alcove near Tribalstack Canals.
- Glitterglaze Glacier: Hidden among fake Play Coins in Icymetric Palace.
- Moodymaze Marsh: On top of a tree tuft, lash onto the grapple points to reach it.
- Capital Cashino: Inside the working slot machine near Rextro Sixtyfourus.
- Galleon Galaxy: At the highest point on Skull Island.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Early Versions[edit | edit source]
Artwork[edit | edit source]
Screenshots[edit | edit source]
Animated[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Play Coins are always found somewhere close to Rextro's arcade cabinets.
- The colors of the tokens are also the same colors of the company's logo.
- Under the old name, "Play Tokens" were shown as the main collectible during the first showings of the footage. This, however, was soon replaced by Quills. They then went through another name change from Arcade Tokens to Play Coins.
- Play Coins are visually similar to the Nintendo 64's yellow "C" buttons. The only difference is the blue inside.
|Pagies • Pagie Pieces • Quills • Ghost Writers • Mollycools • Play Coins|