Quills are reoccurring collectibles found in the Yooka-Laylee series. In Yooka-Laylee, quills are the most common collectible in the game, serving as the game's currency. They can be used to purchase new abilities from Trowzer and gain a Pagie when the Player collects all of the quills in its respective world. There are 200 in each world and 10 in Shipwreck Creek, making 1010 in total.
In Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair, quills are found in every level, ranging from 200 quills per level to possibly more than 700 quills per level. Quills are used to purchase Play Tonics, and are also used to purchase hints from Planker to reveal the location of certain tonics. In each level, several bigger quills called quillions can be found, and each one is worth ten normal quills.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Quills have a pattern consisting of yellow and darker yellow sections. The quill curls inward at the top.
Bronze, silver, and golden quills can be found in several of Rextro's minigames as a collectible used for high scores.
Quillions have a crown in Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Upon First Collection[edit | edit source]
- "I'm a Quill, one of 200 on each world. Collect us to purchase new moves!"
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Screenshots[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Quills have been deliberately made to resemble the currency of the Banjo-Kazooie Series, Musical Notes, taking similarities to them in several different ways:
- Quills, as they appear on the ground, take on a 2D sprite that can be seen the same from any angle, similar to the Musical Notes and other collectibles from the Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie.
- They are collected in large masses, as in Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie and Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts there are 100 on each world, and in Yooka-Laylee, there are 200 on each world.
- They are used for learning moves, as in Banjo-Tooie and Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge, moves are taught provided the player has collected a certain amount of Notes; and in Yooka-Laylee, Trowzer sells moves at the cost of Quills.
- They have a dancing animation very similar to that of the Musical Notes from Banjo-Kazooie, as a large part of their sprite bobs back and forth to attract attention (although in Banjo-Kazooie games besides the first, this is removed).
- According to an early menu prototype video released by Jens Restemeier, quills used to be called quillies.
References[edit | edit source]
|Pagies • Pagie Pieces • Quills • Ghost Writers • Mollycools • Play Coins|