The Reptile Roll is an ability that Yooka and Laylee can learn from Trowzer as the first ability inside of Hivory Towers aside from the Tail Twirl. This allows the duo to move much faster and travel up steep hills.
The Baller Tonic can be equipped to reduce the energy use of the Reptile Roll in half, allowing the duo to use the ability for twice as long.
Uses[edit | edit source]
Yooka will curl up into a ball and Laylee will jump on top of him. This allows the duo to roll and move faster while consuming energy from the Power Meter. The move can be used for numerous things, such as knocking over enemies.
|Climbing||The Reptile Roll's main use is climbing steeper hills that the Yooka would normally slip on. However, some hills are too steep for the duo to roll on.|
|Mobility||The Reptile Roll's main use is climbing steeper hills that the Yooka would normally slip on. However, some hills are too steep for the duo to roll on.|
|Knock back||An additional use is that when the player has gained maximum momentum from the Reptile Roll, the duo can knock back any enemy in their way. This does not deal any damage to the enemy however.|
Data[edit | edit source]
Below shows data for the usage of the Reptile Roll.
Power Extender = PE
Power Extender + Athlete Tonic = PEA
|No PE||1 PE||2 PE||3 PE||4 PE||5 PE||6 PE||7 PEA||8 PEA||9 PEA|
|Energy used per second||0.4||0.4||0.4||0.4||0.4||0.4||0.4||0.4||0.4||0.4|
|Energy used per second with the Baller Tonic||0.2||0.2||0.2||0.2||0.2||0.2||0.2||-||-||-|
|Duration with the Baller Tonic (seconds)||30s||35s||40s||45s||50s||55s||60s||-||-||-|
Controls[edit | edit source]
Steam[edit | edit source]
Xbox One[edit | edit source]
Playstation 4[edit | edit source]
Nintendo Switch[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Screenshots[edit | edit source]
Animated[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The ability is incredibly useful for mobility, but the player should always watch their Power Meter when doing so since it is not infinite.
- The only exception of using it infinitely is when it is used in the Toybox.
- Combining this with short bursts of the Reptile Rush ability allows for even more mobility with, but it makes controlling the duo harder.
- Try not to run into enemies head-on, as Yooka will slow down slightly each time. If Yooka runs into an enemy with the Reptile Roll exactly head-on, Yooka will hit them multiple times, consequently losing enough momentum to get hit.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Reptile Roll is a successor to the Talon Trot from Banjo-Kazooie. The main differences is that the Talon Trot is much easier to control, as the player has all the freedom to turn, but it is slower than the Reptile Roll. Also, the Talon Trot does not knock back enemies.