|"Bah! You've been reading Yookapedia, haven't you?"|
This article contains plot spoilers for Yooka-Laylee and/or Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair.
“Friends deserve Trophy for this bit, but Rextro all out of budget.”― Rextro Sixtyfourus
Name Origin[edit | edit source]
Rextro Sixtyfourus' name is a play-on-words of "tyrannosaurus rex," "retro", and "sixty-four." The words "retro" and "sixty-four" describe Rextro's retro "64-bit" design, and the Nintendo 64 platform in which the original Banjo-Kazooie games were made on. "Rex" and the part of his name "aurus" also refers to the species of dinosaur, "Tyrannosaurus Rex."
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Rextro has a low-polygonal blocky appearance that resembles the graphics generated in games for the Nintendo 64; a 64-bit game console that the first two Banjo-Kazooie games were released for. Rextro has a large head with two cylindrical googly eyes with dark blue pupils. He mostly has orange skin with a yellow underbelly, and blue eyes and red, square-shaped, scales running down his back. Rextro also appears to have claws on his hands and feet while his gigantic mouth seems to only have a few sharp teeth. The yellow medallion Rextro wears around his neck is one of the game's many Play Coins.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Rextro is a very energetic, yet lonely dinosaur. No one has played one of his arcade games since his friends started playing online. He is a bit absent minded and forgets who Yooka and Laylee are until the Casino area where he learns modern technology. Rextro is very ignorant of technological advances since the 90's, as he constantly makes references to the past. Rextro becomes excited when someone wins his game or beats the score of the original game, most likely due to the fact that no one has played his games for years.
Location[edit | edit source]
- Hivory Towers: An arcade clearly marked by neon signs after the first Quickfire Quiz.
- Tribalstack Tropics: Near Sir Shootsalot.
- Glitterglaze Glacier: Inside the Icymetric Palace near the top room.
- Moodymaze Marsh: Close to Moodymaze Lagoon.
- Capital Cashino: In a corner of the main room.
- Galleon Galaxy: On one of the crossbones of Skull Island.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Concept Art[edit | edit source]
Artwork[edit | edit source]
Screenshots[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- After the events of Yooka-Laylee, Rextro was lost at sea and never seen again.
- Rextro Sixtyfourus' model is based off of the Nintendo 64, the platform that Rare was famous for making games on- including Yooka-Laylee's spiritual predecessor, Banjo-Kazooie.
- Rextro says he's been waiting since 1997 for his friends to return, referencing how online gaming started to become popularized.
- The way Rextro speaks in 3rd person (Using his name in place of words like "I" or "Me") is inspired by how Mumbo Jumbo and most NPCs in Banjo-Kazooie that don't reappear in later games do such.
- He bears slight resemblance to Buddy from the CGI preschooler series Dinosaur Train.
- The achievement "WHEN I'M 64" is a reference to The Beatles song of the same name.
- In Playtonic Games' Colours of Christmas illustration, a picture of Rextro's "Great Grandfossil" is seen. Great Grandfossil looks just like the Lonely T-Rex from Google's Dinosaur Game.