“I have fond memories of working alongside many of the Playtonic team members on the Kameo and Banjo-Kazooie series, and I’m very happy to be back with them again.”― Simon Gerges
Career[edit | edit source]
Gerges studied at the University of Teesside in Middlesbrough, Teesside in North East England for a Bachelor of Science degree and graduated in June 2004.
He joined Rare, Ltd. after graduation in 2004 and first worked on Kameo: Elements of Power, and continued to work on many other games at Rare for twelve years.
Simon Gerges transferred from Rare to Playtonic Games on February 26, 2016. On March 4th, Playtonic Games officially announced that he was joining Playtonic Games, alongside with Lee Jackson.
Notable Works[edit | edit source]
- Kameo: Elements of Power (2005) - Programmer
- Viva Piñata: Pocket Paradise (2008) - Programmer
- Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (2008) - Programmer
- Kinect Sports (2010) - Programmer
- Kinect Sports: Season Two (2011) - Programmer
- Kinect Sports: Rivals (2014) - Programmer
- Rare Replay (2015) - Programmer
- Yooka-Laylee (2017) - Senior software engineer
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Simon was originally hired onto Rare in 2004 by Chris Sutherland.